Grade A Douche Bag!
I swore to myself I wasn’t going to write about Rick Santorum. I despise this man, not only as a politician, but also as a human being, if you could even go as far to say he is human. When I look at Santorum I feel like I am a Grim, like on the TV show Grim (if you haven’t watched it you should it’s great) every time the Grim sees one of the ‘creatures’ be it a werewolf, dragon, or mouse man, the creature’s face changes in a moment of stress or high emotion, when I look at Santorum I see a monster, a twisted, contorted version of something that isn’t quite a man, but not quite demon either. I know that all sounds like something someone who should be institutionalized says, but I don’t care, it’s true. Rick Santorum is a monster and I loathe him! So, because of my overall disgust with the republican candidates/primaries I said to myself (and everyone else) that I was done with this campaign, I was done with the republican candidates because not a single one is worth my time, and I decided I would just vote Obama, because seriously, who in their right mind is voting for these republican candidates? At this point I’m surprised a write-in candidate isn’t winning all the primary elections!
Now this brings me to the most recent primaries. I thought for sure Santorum didn’t have a chance in hell of winning anything. I thought for sure everyone would see how evil he is for themselves and just write him off as an ignorant bigot. Boy was I wrong, he has been going steady this whole primary and now he actually WON?! Tha FUQ?! How is this even possible? Well, I have a theory as to why he may be wining at the moment.
Santorum is winning because of this recent hate on contraceptives. Somehow within the last couple months birth control has become enemy number one, and subsequently any woman who wants birth control, or is currently using birth control is a no good slut! Because of that Santorum has be able to ride that bandwagon and has found success in doing so. Here’s the thing about Santorum, and usually I don’t just blatantly assume someone’s opinion, but Santorum hates women, end of story. You can tell by his voting record that he has some serious issues with the female gender.
- Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
- Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
- Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
- Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
- No abortions even in cases of rape; one violence is enough. (Aug 2011)
The funny thing is Santorum is no different than any of the other candidates. At one time he didn’t hate women as much. At one time he even went at far to say that abortions are alright at long as rape or incest was involved. “Exception for rape & incest ok, even though they take a life.” (Sep 2006) A lot changes in six years I guess. Maybe his mom told him she wanted to abort him and wish she did, or something and that changed his mind, who knows! I have no idea why 6 years ago he was all fine with some abortion, and now he is absolutely against it no matter what the circumstance may be. Also, he thinks Plan B is an abortion pill because he an idiot. I could say this until I am blue in the face; Plan B is not an abortion pill! If you’re already impregnated and take Plan B it will NOT cause a miscarriage, it will do absolutely nothing for you. There is an abortion pill that is available, it’s called Mifeprex. But, abortion pill or no it doesn’t matter, Santorum is against all birth control except abstinence, something that just doesn’t work, it never will work, yet he continues to beat that dead horse. So, that’s my theory about why Santorum has won the last two primaries, plus when you look at the states he won in, (Alabama and Mississippi) it becomes pretty clear the only reason why he won is because those two states are very conservative on many issues, one of them just so happens to be birth control.
But wait, there’s more! Santorum’s stance on birth control isn’t my only problem with him the guy is a total nut case! He is a super conservative piece of crap who can’t seem to separate his personal beliefs with his policy and that is something America just does not need! So today I have taken the time to put together a list of my most hated things about Rick Santorum. Hopefully, if you are a supporter of him, this list with change your mind and Rick Santorum will go back to the cave he crawled out of and stay in there for good.
Rick Santorum hates gay people! Yep, that’s right, he hates gay people too. He may say some things that make him sound somewhat tolerant of gay people, like: “I agree with hearing gay ideas but disagree with some.” (Jan 2012) Or, “Homosexual orientation ok; but homosexual acts are sodomy.”(Apr 2003) if this was all he ever said about gay people you would think it wasn’t too terrible, I mean, it looks like he is ok with gay people, he is just grossed out with gay sex. That’s not the case though, for those two moderately ok things he said about gay people (I only say they are moderately ok, not because I personally agree, but because compared to the other things he has said about gay people these two things make him sound like a saint) he has said a whole slew of derogatory bullshit about gay people.
- Right to gay sex implies right to bigamy, incest, & adultery. (Jan 2012)
- No polygamy; no gay marriage. (Aug 2011)
- Repeal Don’t-Ask-Don’t-Tell; punish behavior. (Jun 2011)
- Same-sex marriage takes us away from purpose of marriage. (Jul 2004)
- Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
- Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
- Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
- Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
- Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)
What really gets me here is the voting NO on including sexual orientation to the definition of hate crimes, and the vote prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation. REALLY?! Gay men and women are beat up, stabbed, shot, and killed all the time because they are gay. Gay teens/adults are harassed to the point of suicide! Anyone who can’t see this is a problem doesn’t deserve to even be thinking about becoming POTUS! The United States of America was founded in the name of personal freedom, to even be voting on stuff like this in the first place goes against the constitution, and to actually vote against basic human rights is just plain un-American.
Speaking of Un-American, Santorum is just that, he doesn’t seem to be a big fan of freedom of expression.
- Voted YES on Amendment to prohibit flag burning. (Dec 1995)
- Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)
- Voted YES on recommending Constitutional ban on flag desecration. (Jun 2006)
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not a fan of flag burning. I think it’s stupid, pointless, and I myself will probably never do it. But damn it! If someone is so pissed off that they want to burn the American flag then I will defend their right to do so! Every American should feel the same way, we all the right to free speech and freedom of expression, flag burning is no exception to the law, and I’m sorry, but if our supreme court will allow the West Burrow Baptist Church to preach hate at military funerals then flag burning should be A-Okay! As for loosening the restrictions on cell phone wiretapping, yeah, I am 100% against that! Again, we have a right to privacy, even though Santorum doesn’t seem to think we do, “There is no federal right to privacy.” (Apr 2003) Yeah that’s right, he said that too.
Santorum hates education. This is not a surprise to me because the guy is an idiot, and honestly, I feel sorry for his children. “Home-schooled six children with wife Karen.” (Apr 2006) Those poor, poor children! Education, however, is another one of those topics where a few years ago he had a totally different stance than the one he has today, for example; “2006: college for all; 2012: college for all is snobbish.”; “2001: Keep Department of Education; 2012: it’s unnecessary.”; “Rich people already have school choice; give it to the poor.” (April 2006). Not only this, but he continually talks crap about how bad our public school system is, how we are falling behind other countries, which is totally true and I do believe something needs to be done about it, but Santorum’s solution to the problem is voting against funding for public schools, voting against smaller class size, and voting no on specialized learning facilities?! Really?! How the hell does that help at all?
- Voted NO on $52M for “21st century community learning centers”. (Oct 2005)
- Voted NO on $5B for grants to local educational agencies. (Oct 2005)
- Voted NO on shifting $11B from corporate tax loopholes to education. (Mar 2005)
- Voted NO on funding smaller classes instead of private tutors. (May 2001)
- Voted NO on funding student testing instead of private tutors. (May 2001)
- Voted NO on spending $448B of tax cut on education & debt reduction. (Apr 2001)
Rick Santorum has War on the brain. The guy is a scary Mother fucker, and I do not use that term lightly! He may look like one of those door-to-door bible thumpers, hell what am I saying, he looks more Mormon than Mitt Romney! But don’t let that clean cut, sweater vest wearing, momma’s boy image fool you, this guy wants conflict, this guy wants war, this guy wants total and complete control over the U.S., this guy is a scary mother fucker! I’ll just let his record do the talking for me on this one.
- Privacy is in 4th amendment, but Patriot Act is ok. (Jan 2012)
- Confront virulent threat of radical Islam. (Jan 2012)
- Giving money to Iran rebels is not enough. (Nov 2011)
- Don’t cut one penny out of defense spending. (Oct 2011)
- Terrorism is an asymmetric threat; we need worldwide bases. (Jun 2011)
- Waterboarding gets useful info, like on Osama bin Laden. (May 2011)
- We need to spend money to study the EMP threat. (Aug 2009)
- War against Islamic fascism will be won or lost in America. (Sep 2006)
- There are good earmarks, like Osprey military program. (Feb 2012)
- Voted NO on preserving habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees. (Sep 2006)
- Voted NO on requiring CIA reports on detainees & interrogation methods. (Sep 2006)
- Voted YES on reauthorizing the PATRIOT Act. (Mar 2006)
- Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act’s wiretap provision. (Dec 2005)
- Voted NO on restricting business with entities linked to terrorism. (Jul 2005)
- Voted NO on restoring $565M for states’ and ports’ first responders. (Mar 2005)
- Voted NO on adopting the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty. (Oct 1999)
- Voted YES on deploying National Missile Defense ASAP. (Mar 1999)
- Voted YES on favoring 36 vetoed military projects. (Oct 1997)
- Stay in Afghanistan until security of our country is secure. (Jan 2012)
- Iranian people admire us; Iranian leaders are evil. (Jan 2012)
- Afghanistan victory means Taliban is neutered, not wiped out. (Nov 2011)
- Work with Israel to take out Iranian nukes by force. (Nov 2011)
- Jihadists want to kill us for what we are. (Sep 2011)
- Iran must be confronted to stop them from getting nukes. (Aug 2011)
- No national security at stake in Libya. (Jul 2011)
- Iraq: We have a great game plan, and Rumsfeld does fine job. (Sep 2006)
- War in Iraq is one front in war on Islamic fascism. (Sep 2006)
- Iran is at the heart of the Iraq war. (Sep 2006)
- Saddam had no new WMDs, but did have old WMDs. (Sep 2006)
- Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, but still a necessary war. (Sep 2006)
- My Iraq plan, and my opponent’s plan, is same as Bush’s. (Sep 2006)
Yeah… I don’t know what his problem with life is, but News Flash Santorum: The Middle East isn’t out to get you, and no one needs you to run over there and demand affirmative action to find weapons/weapon manufacturing facilities that may, or may not exist. We all know what happened the last time a blubbering buffoon started beating on his chest demanding WMDs and I am pretty sure we can all agree we don’t want that happening again.
Rick Santorum is also delusional about what supporting the “working class” really means. He said “I appeal to blue-collar voters, not Wall Street.” (Jan 2012) but he is against unions (unions are a good thing, unions are the reason people aren’t forced to work hard labor for 15 hours a day, 7 days a week, unions are the reason people get paid vacations/holidays, unions are the driving force behind equal opportunity employment, unions are the reason workers can apply for workers comp, unions are the reason we get overtime and time and a half) and not only that but his voting record paints a very different picture. If someone showed me these three things and asked me, “does this person support the working man” or “do you think the working man supports this person” I would say No.
- Voted NO on raising the minimum wage to $7.25 rather than $6.25. (Mar 2005)
- Voted YES on repealing Clinton’s ergonomic rules on repetitive stress. (Mar 2001)
- Voted YES on killing an increase in the minimum wage. (Nov 1999)
So, he thinks he appeals to us, yet, he doesn’t want us to make more money, or have better working conditions? Makes total sense!
Rick hates NASA. That alone is enough to make me not like a candidate. Scientific research is the single most important thing we do in our country! But, some people think it’s a waste of money and resources. I disagree, and I’m sure everyone else would disagree to if Polio was a major epidemic again, or you know, they actually had to deal with ageing, or go without silicone implants, and forget that nice comfy tempur-pedic bed, or your video games, the internet, solar power, wind power, hydroelectricity, that fancy pants hybrid car you drive around in, or any car for that matter! Yeah, scientific research is a total waste of time and money, it doesn’t help anyone! *rollseyes*
- Moon base is fiscal insanity. (Feb 2012)
- Moon colony is fiscal insanity during debt crisis. (Feb 2012)
- NASA programs sound good, but we need to cut programs. (Jan 2012)
FUCK YOU SANTORUM!
I really hate this guy, and I didn’t even include everything I hate about! There is so much more, I didn’t even begin to dive into all the crazy shit he has been saying the past few months on the campaign trail! I sincerely hope if anyone who is a Santorum supporter stumbled across this you will change your mind. Seriously, Santorum is no good for America! He stands in the way of everything The United States is supposed to stand for!
If you don’t believe me about Santorum, even though you have no reason not to (after all I am just some random stranger on the internet) go ahead and do your own research on the monster that is named Rick Santorum.